On the eve of my sweet husband’s 29th birthday, I’d like to share 29 reasons I love him. Feel free to skip this post, unless your name is Jonathan, or you’re feeling especially lovey and/or sentimental today.
1. I love the way you hold my hand when we’re driving on the highway.
2. I love your laugh, especially when it’s funnier than the joke.
3. I love how your eyes squint when you’re looking at the tv or anything further than five feet away from you.
4. I love how much you love our son.
5. I love the way you smell right after you shave.
6. I love that you stayed calm and comforted me when I cut off a chunk of your hair.
7. I love your generous spirit.
8. I love your complete lack of time awareness.
9. I love that you inch closer and closer to me when we’re sleeping, until I have to ask you to scoot back over.
10. I love that you sing.
11. I love that you cook amazing meals for me.
12. I love the support you always have for me.
13. I love your hugs.
14. I love your kisses.
15. I love that you always say “a tisket, a tasket.”
16. I love that you took me to Disney World to propose, when you knew I’d say yes in our driveway.
17. I love that you always encourage me to be better.
18. I love your freckles.
19. I love how proud you are when you come up with a brilliant idea (that I planted in your head weeks ago).
20. I love that you think I’m beautiful.
21. I love the role model you are to our son.
22. I love how invested you are in our future.
23. I love the effort you put into everything you do.
24. I love that changing diapers doesn’t phase you.
25. I love that you miss bath time.
26. I love the “tsst” noise you make at the top of your squat.
27. I love that you consider me your best friend.
28. I love how much you love croissants.
29. I love everything about you. Everything.
xoxo, Your Rory